Cooking for your bf/gf for this first time? Your in-laws? Hosting a dinner party? Beginner chef? Or maybe you just need a new recipe to spice up your night… Try this rosemary lemon chicken!
I have to admit that this is, hands down, my go-to, no-fail, people-pleasing recipe! Unless they may be vegetarian, this dinner dish is sure to impress any guest. The zesty lemon, herbs and garlic blend together so beautifully that my husband and I have yet to tire of this meal after 5 years! Enjoy!!!
Rosemary Lemon Chicken
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Serves: 2 adults (with sides) *multiply recipe as needed
2 – boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 – lemon
3-4 sprigs fresh rosemary
3 – garlic cloves (peeled)
1 Tbsp – pink Himalayan salt
1 Tsp – black pepper
2 Tbsp – EVOO (Extra virgin olive oil)
*Please use your consumer power to choose organic ingredients if possible!
- Zester/grater or potato peeler
- Oven safe bakeware/casserole dish (must be safe for 425 degrees)
- Small blender (I use the older Ninja, seen here. But this new version Ninja 2-in-1 Complete Meal Prep looks pretty awesome!)
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Wash lemon well. *Remove sticker first.
- Zest about half of the lemon rind directly into/over baking dish. *If you do not have a zester/grater, use a potato peeler to peel strips of the rind off and add into blender.
- Peel garlic cloves and add into blender. *I’m Italian and like lots of garlic, add more or less to your personal garlic tolerance….but it IS a super food!
- Remove rosemary leaves from sprigs. * You can use the “He loves me, He loves me not” method, OR hold top of sprig with one hand and pull down the stem firmly with thumb and index fingers.
- Add rosemary to blender.
- Blend it all up! *It will smell terrific!
- Add directly into baking dish.
- Add salt, pepper and EVOO into baking dish.
- Remove chicken breasts from package and place on top of mixture.
- Toss around with forks or tongs to cover the chicken evenly with mixture.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Remove and serve with sides.