Super Healthy Pasta Salad
I originally named this dish “Summer” pasta salad because I used to make it in the warmer months when you want something cold, fresh and easy to eat. But as time went on I began making it year round because it’s such a super healthy and delicious way to get all these raw vegetables into our diet. This simple recipe is full of alkaline foods and tasty enough to make you for get how healthy it is!
- 1 bag/box of pasta of your choice (I like shells, elbow, rotini or a smaller noodle that’s bite size and will hold some dressing.)
- 1 red onion
- 1 red pepper
- 1 orange or green pepper
- 1 container (about 2 c.) cherry tomatoes
- 2 stalks of celery
- 1/4 head of cauliflower
- 1/4 head of broccoli
- 3 medium-large carrots
- 1 block of dill havarti
- 1 can of beans (garbanzo or kidney)
- 1 bottle of Italian dressing
- 1 TBSP chia seeds
- Cook and drain pasta noodles.
- In large mixing bowl, mix pasta and about 1/3 of the dressing bottle. Cover and refrigerate for a few hours or until completely cold.
- While pasta is cooling, wash, chop and dice all vegetables and cheese.
- When pasta is cold, mix all ingredients together. Pasta, vegetables, cheese, beans, and Italian dressing. (Reserve about 1/6-1/8 of the bottle to add the next day.)
*Organic ingredients are ideal.
**Leave out the cheese for a vegan dish.
***You can change up whatever vegetables and cheese you like! I’ve also tried adding water chestnuts (LOVE), artichokes hearts (also LOVE) and olives. But my hubby doesn’t love. 🙂
****Makes a lot to share and/or eat for a few days. We usually eat until it’s gone!